Autumn repays the earth the leaves which summer lent it.
George Christoph Lichtenberg (1742-1799)
Wild is the music of autumnal winds, amongst the faded woods.
SEPTEMBER 20-DECEMBER 20
Caring for your lungs, large intestine, skin and the Metal Element
Fall begins the dark yin cycle when the daylight lasts less than 12hrs. A season of harvest, the gathering together and pulling inward on all levels, the fall season contracts and moves essences inward & downward, in nature and our bodies preparing for the approaching stillness of winter.
We experience a deeper introspective quality which is reflected in the leaves falling, the seeds drying and the sap of trees drawing down to their roots.
The Metal Element rules the Lungs/Large Intestine
Fall Equinox occurring Sept 22 or 23 marks the point where day & night are equal in length all across the planet. A 6-month period begins when yin & darkness expand, preparing us for a period of deep introspection, a time of letting go, essentially of old grief & attachments.
The Nei Ching say’s, “the lower intestines are like officials who propagate the right way of living and they generate evolution & change.”
METAL/AIR energies are expressed in the inner workings and activities of the mind and in developing ideas, writing and speaking.
- Fall Foods: to Avoid/to Increase
- Recipes: Autumn Season
- Organ Symptoms Questionnaire
- Dietary suggestions for common syndromes of the Lungs
- Suggested foods for Purifying & Protecting the Lungs & Colon
- Eliminating toxic metals
- Fiber drink recipe
- Metal Clearing Alkaline Broth Recipe
- Enema information/instructions
- Skin brushing/Hot-Cold shower instruction
- Exercises: Resolving Grief & Sadness(Lung Vitality)